A variety of technology tools are available for you to teach online whether you choose to deliver it synchronously via web conferencing applications or asynchronously by pre-recording your lectures. It is possible to record your synchronous web conferences and then share the recordings with any students who were unable to attend. Please note that our systems do not automatically record, save, or upload content to Blackboard, Google Drive, or anywhere else online. It is up to the individual faculty member to decide if their recorded material should be uploaded online and its destination. Gabelli IT does not share faculty created content without their owner’s permission.
Please refer to the Fordham Forward webpages for the latest information.
Strategies and Assistance for Virtual Teaching:
Synchronous delivery through web conferencing applications:
- Zoom – Zoom web conferencing application is available upon request. Please contact Gabelli IT at GabelliIT@fordham.edu to book a time slot and a meeting link and access code will be provided to you. Zoom online resources may also be found here.
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a web conferencing application integrated into Blackboard. The application is accessible by faculty and students directly from their Blackboard course page. Please refer to the access guide and tutorials for detailed information.
Asynchronous delivery through pre-recorded video lectures:
- Camtasia – Camtasia is a software that can be used for screen capturing your lecture videos. This software is helpful whether you want to record your voice over class PowerPoints, talk through a software demo or an exercise problem, or edit videos that you may have produced before. To request for a license (PC/Mac), please contact Gabelli IT at GabelliIT@fordham.edu. You may also refer to these tutorials for screen capture.
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Microsoft offers instructions on how to add or record audio to your PowerPoint slides, which you can then save and distribute as a video file.
- Embed a Video to Blackboard – Please use these instructions for uploading your videos to YouTube and embed it in Blackboard; or these instructions if you prefer to upload your videos to Google Drive.
Webcasting Studio (LC 140W Room 358) – If you prefer to record your lecture or deliver your class synchronously in our studio, please contact Gabelli IT at GabelliIT@fordham.edu. The studio is equipped with a podium, wireless keyboard and mouse, branded Gabelli backdrops, large screen TV display, lapel microphones, and teleprompters.
If you have any questions using these technologies or require assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to Gabelli IT at GabelliIT@fordham.edu
Gabelli IT team members are here to help. Questions?
You may also reach out to the Fordham Faculty Technology Center at firstname.lastname@example.org,
and IT Customer Care at HelpIT@fordham.edu or 718-817-3999.